Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Duck confit and fried egg pizza


Anthony and I love eggs. We like the marinated soft-boiled egg in miso soup, poached eggs on a Cesar salad, egg drop soup, fried egg on a steak, you name it. So I was looking for recipes online the other day which had a fried eggs and I stumbled upon Emiril Lagasse's Duck confit and fried egg pizza.

This is a super easy recipe to make. Being a week night after the gym, I used flatbreads as my pizza base to save time. The end result was delicious, we didn't want it to end. Serve this with a simple green salad and you're good to go. Here's my adapted version of the recipe.


Serves 4

Ingredients

  • extra-virgin olive oil
  • cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 pizza flatbreads (or any desired pizza base)
  • 4 ounces shredded cooked duck confit
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • Truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush the flatbreads with the olive oil and divide the minced garlic among them. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove flatbreads from oven.
  2. Top the flatbreads with the shredded duck and arugula.
  3. Fry the eggs sunny-side up in a skillet. Place a fried egg in the middle of each pizza and sprinkle with parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. 
  4. At this point, I slightly broiled the flatbreads to set the top of the egg and melt the parmesan, but this is optional. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. That's it!


3 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy!
    -Sistor-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay comments!
    It was really yummy. I'm just realizing how much I'm failing in my attempt to have a more vegan diet.

    ReplyDelete